Keeping all of you BJJ practitoners covered during the colder days, the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu clothing line pays tribute to the almighty Kimura shoulder lock with this new pullover hoodie. Building on the brand’s popular Submission Series, the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Kimura Hoodie features the painful technique printed on the front, with the iconic Gracie Jiu-Jitsu logo on the sleeve and lower backside, along with the Submission Series tagging. A nice touch includes a breakdown of the Kimura’s details on the hood featuring specs such as application, diagnosis, recovery, rating, etc. Check out a few of the details, followed by a closer look at the front and hood below.
- Technique: Kimura Armlock
- Fact: Originally known as the reverse “Ude-Garami,” this shoulder lock was renamed when it was used by the Japanese champion, Masahiko Kimura, to defeat Helio Gracie in 1951
- Application: Secure the opponent’s wrist, wrap their arm, secure your own wrist, keep their arm bent at 90 degrees, step over their head, twist their hand northward
- Diagnosis: Complete rotator cuff rupture with multidirectional dislocation. May also cause elbow joint dislocation and/or spiral fracture of the humerus bone
- Recovery Time: 6-8 months after surgery, if you’re lucky
- Preventative Measures: Respect it from every angle, and avoid the double wrist-grab at all costs
Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Kimura Hoodie – CLICK HERE TO BUY